Positive thinking is a manner of living, not a theoretical philosophy. Positive thinking implies keeping your focus on the present moment and trying to see and cherish the beautiful things that are around you. Positive thoughts and attitudes lead to a lovely life, self-acceptance, and mental tranquility. The following five top books on positive thinking will teach you how to think positively.
1. The Magic of Believing by Claude M. Bristol:
As the title suggests, this book is full of magic, and anyone who understands it can become a happier and wealthier person.
You may learn a lot about the subconscious mind. But did you grasp how to put it to work for you? Consider a person who has a bag full of gold coins but has no idea how much they are worth. He only sees it as a brightly colored stone. Similarly, we humans possess a magical quality that we have yet to discover. The importance of the brain should be recognized. As a result, you should be able to use it properly. The subconscious mind is what ties us to the source of all energy, which is where we came from. This book shows us how to make the most of what we already have.
This book contains a variety of approaches for achieving the greatest results.
- This book is about science, specifically the science of the subconscious mind. This book contains two fundamental concepts that are intertwined. The first is hard work, and the second is faith. These are the two factors that shape a guy into anything he desires. Have you ever wondered why some people fail despite putting in a lot of effort? Some people can do it with the same potency, while others cannot. Why? You’ll find those answers in this book.
- Are you willing to go to any length to attain your goal? Then this is the book for you. This book should be read by everybody who has a great desire for something. This book will assist you regardless of whether you are a salesperson, a billionaire, a housewife, or a student.
- Most significantly, if you’re a woman, you should give this book a shot. The author has devoted an entire chapter to the topic of women’s power. Women have a greater ability to use this science than men. Give this book to every woman you know who has a strong ambition to achieve something. She will be grateful to you forever.
- Do you get upset all day when someone irritates you? If the person or situation does not vanish from your mind, what options do you have? This is the most pressing issue we face today. Read this book to learn how to control your thoughts.
- This book enables you to understand the importance of knowing how to regulate your thoughts. Many people urge you to “just believe in yourself” and “you can do it,” but few people understand what that means or how to apply it. Do you have confidence in yourself? Do you have the confidence that no matter what life throws at you? How frequently do you make a mental list of all the wonderful things about yourself? Positive thinking and self-confidence are inextricably intertwined. When you believe in yourself, practically everything else becomes pleasant and simple. Isn’t it? If you believe you can, your subconscious mind will do everything it can to back you up. In this book, you’ll learn how to increase your positive self-esteem.
2. The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy:
This is my all-time favorite book! It has had a significant impact on me. This is a book that I strongly urge everyone to read. After finishing this book, I thought about what I had been doing all these years without reading it. I would like to share some points.
- According to the author, imagine your subconscious mind as a room and live there as you choose. The conscious and subconscious minds are at odds. When you encounter something, your conscious mind records it. However, your subconscious mind can help you achieve whatever you imagine.
- There are times when we try hard but fail. Have you ever wondered why it happens? Your thoughts may be tinged with concern. Even though you have put in a lot of effort, you are beginning to be scared. It suggests to your subconscious that something is working against what you want to be done. So keep in mind that hard work isn’t enough. The actual magic is in your thinking.
- When you consider what you want, you should do so in a comfortable and faith-filled manner. You should not have any doubts about the scenario. A modest suspicion can cause the opposite reaction. The subconscious prefers that things be “emotionalized.” When a thought becomes a feeling and your imagination becomes a desire, it will bring you what you want quickly and abundantly.
- Whatever you feed your subconscious, it will accept it as truth. Feeding your subconscious mind with positive, emotional thoughts will make it a reality. Read this book if you want to get everything just right.
3. Declutter Your Mind by S.J. Scott, Barrie Davenport:
If you can’t seem to let go of the bad memories from your past, if they still sting you, you should read this book. According to the book, practicing mindfulness allows you to cleanse your mind, manage your thoughts, and live in the moment.
Our minds are continuously occupied with many thoughts. Our perception of reality is shaped by our thoughts.
Whatever you have, if your head is full of negative thoughts, you will not be able to live a happy life. You may come across some temporary distractions. You can watch a movie, play a game, prepare a meal, or do anything else to keep yourself occupied. But did you know that you have a permanent solution to this? To find out what it is, read this book.
This book is highly recommended for anyone sad, irritated, or depressed for no apparent reason. It’s for people who appear to have everything they need yet aren’t happy. This book will not change our thinking overnight, nor will it make us glad after we have finished it. As the book recommends, with practice, identifying the triggers of negative thoughts will become easier, and we will be able to manage our ideas rather than our brains dominating our thoughts.
4.The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale:
Expecting the worst guarantees, you’ll receive the worst while expecting the best guarantees, you’ll get the best. When you expect the best, you unleash a magnetic force in your mind that attracts the best to you through the law of attraction. If you assume the worst, though, you release the power of repulsion from your mind, which tends to push the best away from you.
By following the practical advice in this book, you can re-energize your life and take the initiative to fulfill your hopes and ambitions. Here are some tips from the book:
- Believing in yourself and believing in everything you do is the most important step.
- By focusing on yourself, you build new power and determination.
- Be determined to achieve your goals.
- Let go of the worrying habit and learn to live a relaxed life.
- Develop your personal and professional relationships.
- Be in control of your situation.
- Take care of yourself.
Our problem is that we are so easily influenced by simple negative thoughts. For instance,
- It looks like I will be late.
- I won’t be able to fix it.
- I’ll never finish it. There are just so many things to do.
- This is what I expected… I knew I wouldn’t be able to do it right.
Words like these are poisonous. As long as you permit such words, they will grow like a tree. One day, it might even swallow you. Whenever there is an opportunity, you look for excuses. Therefore, don’t underestimate the power of words. If you’re confident about all the things, you will lead a prosperous life. For example,
- I can handle it.
- It is possible to achieve anything.
- I have faith in myself.
- I am a courageous person.
- I’ll do it.
Words like these are magic. No matter what happens, just do it. It’s okay if it doesn’t work. Do not let fear or anything else stop you. Practicing this will one day make you a more desirable person. Read this book to learn more about your thoughts.
5. How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie:
In his book, Dale Carnegie teaches how to deal with anxiety situations and the harmful consequences of worrying. Fear is an illusion of one’s imagination that makes things worse. Whenever you think positively, you will be pleased. So, rather than lingering on thoughts of rage or vengeance, he suggests that you spend your time thinking about good, hopeful things. It simply entails knowing how to deal with worries in a way that does not exacerbate them. When worry comes your way, you’ll be well prepared if you have a truly positive outlook.
Everyone understands that dwelling on the past or the future is useless. Nonetheless, we will continue to do so. What is the best way to live in the present moment? The following is some advice from the book on how to break the worry cycle.
Three essential problem-solving steps must be learned:
- Get the facts: instead of being perplexed, sit down and figure out what’s causing the problem.
- Examine the data: Make a list of all the possibilities available to you.
- Arrive at a decision: make a choice and act bravely.
Worrying hurts our physical and emotional well-being. Dale Carnegie offers a set of ideas in How to Stop Worrying and Start Living that can assist us in doing just that. You may overcome worry and find the strength to keep on working in an uncertain world by cultivating a strong and positive mental attitude.
He writes about how words can improve one’s life and how to free one’s thoughts. He also writes about appreciating your individuality and loving yourself for the way you are. His book will teach you how to breakdown worry and stress and why they are harmful to your mind and body.
You may like: 7 Psychology books for a better and happy life
If you find this blog informative, please leave a comment and let us know what you think!